Friday, April 20, 2012

Avengers nail art and new polishes



Five days from now, the movie, The Avengers, is coming to cinemas. I'm so excited to watch it on 3D. I already reserved a seat at Abreeza mall. I'm going to watch the movie with my mom, my two sisters and my boyfriend, Tepan. Because of my excitement I decided to make an Avengers-themed nail art.

I've actually been letting my nails grow so it's easier to do nail arts. However, my nails are still short despite making it grow. Nevertheless, I was still able to paint it.


For my left hand, I did this design. It's actually a very simple design. With a dotting tool and a detailing brush, you are good to go. You could also use a striping brush or a nail polish with a thin brush (I like to call those things as stripers). Some people don't really get it but the one on my pinky is Black Widow. That's the symbol on her belt.


Now, let's move on to my left hand. Since I'm right-handed, nail arts on my right tend to be simpler (or even messier).
For my thumb, I have the Avengers logo. It's the letter 'A' with a circle around it. I painted it on a ziplock. Yes, a ziplock. The magical ziplock can help you do wonders. Because it's actually really difficult to paint the logo using my non-dominant hand, I had to use this trick. I painted it using white polish and acrylics on the plastic bag and let it dry for about 2 hours. Well, I cheated. I've read that it's supposed to be for 6 hours or more depending on the thickness of the polished used but I'm very impatient. So what I did was I used a hair dryer. Lazy me. After it was dry, I slowly peeled it off the plastic. This is a very crucial step for you. Always remember to peel it off slowly or you'll end up tearing it apart. I put black polish on my thumb and placed the logo on top of it, then sealed it off with a top coat.
For my other fingers, I just used a fanning brush to achieve that fire look. Using that brush could be messy so remember to have cotton buds dipped in nail polish remover beside you. 


I'm also going to share to you my new purchases. I bought 3 new bottles of nail polish from Etude House and 2 from Skin food.
The LUCIDarling Fantastic nails has small glitters in it. The glitters are not visible because they are so small but it gives your nails a subtle shimmer. The two Mini French polishes are supposed to be used as french tips but I like using the black one to fully cover my nails because it very pigmented and it also has small glitters in it. The two bottles from Skin Food belong to the Juice Tox line. I just love the colors. I wanted to buy all colors but Skin Food in the Philippines is very expensive. They are way overpriced. Well, in fact, their prices should be almost the same with Etude House's. 

Anyway, that's it for now. Thanks for reading! 

1 comment:

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)