Sunday, April 22, 2012

Baking pink cupcakes for summer




Looks yummy, eh? I was really bored so I asked my mom to buy me some ingredients for baking cupcakes. It was very easy to make. We bought the easy mix for cupcakes, butter, eggs, icing sugar, food coloring, vanilla and vegetable oil.

Baking the cupcakes was easy. I put all the ingredients in the bowl: ready mix, 1/2 cup water and 1/4 cup oil. I mixed all ingredients until the right consistency was achieved and that was it. Pretty easy, right?



Making the icing was also easy. I mixed 3 cups of icing sugar with 1 bar of butter using an electric mixer. I added the food coloring. For this color I used about 1 teaspoon of red, just enough to give it a pink color. Adding vanilla is also optional.


The most difficult part for me was piping the icing. I had no idea how to do it. I just randomly chose a tip and squeezed the icing. I had a lot of trial and error but I was able to achieve the correct way of doing it. The big star tip was used to achieve that look.
Maybe you'd consider baking too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)