Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Nail art tutorial: Guinea Pig



I'm going to make a tutorial on how to make a guinea pig nail art. I didn't use my own nails, instead I used fake nails. :) I still don't want to remove my 2NE1 nail art. Let's begin with the tutorial. 

The first step is to apply base coat. It's always important to protect your nails from staining. You don't want to have yellow nails.
The next step is to make a triangle. You can first make the outline then fill in the space. It doesn't have to  be a perfect triangle. You can also make the lines a bit curvy so the edges would not look sharp.

Using an orange nail polish, color the half of the triangle as shown above. Don't let it reach the base of the triangle.

With your dotting tool and a black nail polish, create two big circles which will serve as your guinea pig's eyes.

Still with your dotting tool and a white nail polish, create a smaller dot inside the black one.

For the nose, you will need a dotting tool and a light pink polish to make an oval. Use a small or thin brush to create two (2) curves for the mouth as shown above.

For the ears, you will need a dotting tool and your orange nail polish. You first create a big circle and beneath it, you make a smaller circle. The ears are somewhat heart shaped without the pointy end. Using a thin brush or a toothpick, line   the edges of the image you have created. Don't forget to put the whiskers! :)

I thought the eyes were a bit blank so I put a smaller dot inside the white dot. Now you have your guinea pig! :)

I hope you liked my tutorial. :)

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yay! :) Thank you for the award! :D

      Delete
  2. Cute^^ Love all your nail designs! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I followed you. :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yay! :) Can't wait for your finished product. :D

      Delete
    2. I tried your tutorial... EPIC FAIL! I am not even half as talented as you and when I tried, it turned out looking like a dis-formed dog! haha! I will have to practice some more. Adorable tutorial! xxx

      Delete

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)