Saturday, June 30, 2012

New polishes + swatches


Whenever I go to the mall or any cosmetic store, I always check if they have nail polishes. If they have, I check the price, then I try to chose the colors I want that would also fit my budget. Haha. I definitely don't want to use all my money on polishes, though it's very tempting. I stopped buying Etude House and Skin Food polishes because they are a bit expensive for me and they only have a few colors available in our area. In a local convenience store called NCCC Express, I was able to buy 5 polishes. They are cheap but still of good quality. I was actually shocked that they were selling it at a low price. Maybe no one's buying it? More polishes for me then. :) 

These are the polishes I bought. I recently just found out about LA Colors. Some people don't like it because for them it easily chips off. I used the blue polish for my spider-man nail art and I'm glad to say that it is still intact. I actually like LA Colors. It's a cheap polish with good quality. Of course, you can't compare it to expensive polishes like OPI, Essie and China Glaze. But for its price, it is actually pretty good. 

The other two polishes at the right most are of different brands. It supposed to be sold at around $4. But this shop was only selling it for around $2. I guess no one was buying it so they decided to sell it at a lower price. Haha. Pretty good deal for me. These two colors should be used on top of an opaque polish to see its "flakie" effect. I love how shimmery and glittery it is.

These are the swatches I made. It was wrong for me to use white as the base coat for the last two polishes. The "rock star" effect of the polishes could not be appreciated. But those two polishes are really good if you're into glittering polishes.

That's it for my haul this week. :) 

Anyway, before I end this post, I would like to ask for your help. I joined a nail art contest by BornPrettyStore. I was hoping you could vote for me by commenting #12 (that's my entry number) in their blog post (Click HERE). My entries are the leopard nail art and the flower nail art. I hope you will vote for me. It would really mean a lot to me. Pretty please? Thank you! :)


17 comments:

  1. cute nail polishes!
    would u like to follow each other? :)
    breepluse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda. :D Followed you. :)

      Delete
  2. hey, breena! these are sooo pretty. love all the amazing colors. :)

    have a lovely week, my dear. :)
    kisses,
    jasmine
    AdamAlexMommy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jasmine! :)

      You too! :D

      Delete
  3. I love the silver rockstar nail polish!! It looks very good even on top of a white base coat!!! Have an awesome weekend Breena!!

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I love it too. But I think it would look better on darker polishes :D

      Delete
  4. great colors.
    http://rock4less.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nail art is so cute!! I just started following you! Check out my new blog and follow back if you would like :)
    http://southerngloss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the name of your blog. ;)

    These are such fun nail colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ouw a cute polish on a cheap price..i love the 4th color!!so rockin!
    you're pretty sweet
    nice to meet you dear <3<3

    secondvogue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D So cool right? It's very cheap. :)

      Delete
  8. i have 3rd and 4th polishes *.*
    lovely swatches and hey congrats on winning the contest @Born Pretty ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. :) I'm so happy I won. :D

      Delete

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)