Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Nail Art: Fourth of July


Before I say something about my nail art, here's a quick information about the Fourth of July: 
Independence Day, commonly known as the Fourth of July, is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, declaring independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain. Independence Day is commonly associated with fireworks, parades, barbecues, carnivals, fairs, picnics, concerts,baseball games, family reunions, and political speeches and ceremonies, in addition to various other public and private events celebrating the history, government, and traditions of the United States. Independence Day is the national day of the United States. (Source: Wikipedia)
This nail art is for the Fourth of July. No, I'm not an American, neither do I have American blood in me. I'm 100% Filipino and I just thought it would be cool to do a nail art of this. I've been seeing pictures on instagram about this day so I just decided to make a nail art of it. 
I chose to paint this on false nails because I wanted my nails to have a rest from all the polishes I put. Hooray for clean nails! :) 

This is what I came up with. The idea of the nail art is to put blue, red and white stripes, and stars (or dots if you're too lazy to draw stars, like me).

As you can see, I did draw the stars at first then I started to just put silver dots. It still looks cute, though.





Polishes used:
These are the polishes that I used. I love LA colors. I bought the polishes at a low price and I seriously love their colors. 
I'm not really a fan of Caronia. The white is not that opaque and I don't like the texture of the polish. But it will do, since I don't use white too much. I'm not really sure if there is something wrong with the polish or it's just me, but after a few uses of Caronia polishes, the polish becomes too gooey. I'll try to use more of this polish to figure that out. It could be that I'm doing something wrong.
What I don't like about Bobbie polishes is their brush. It's too thick and I find it hard to control the brush because of that. I have small nails and I prefer polishes with thin brushes. However, that doesn't mean I will no longer buy Bobbie polishes. They have many colors to offer at a very low price. The brush is just a small downside that I'm willing to ignore. :)


 That's it for this post and for my Fourth of July nail art. I hope you liked it! :)

24 comments:

  1. this is amazing! great job! i wish i could nail art like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweetie. :) This one is really easy. :)

      Delete
  2. haha I'm not American either but I do admire this nail art! so cute, I love the little stars <3

    metallicpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The silver polish is really great :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Meggie! :D Go USA :D Hihi. :)

      Delete
  4. i love love love it!! you are blessed with UN-SHAKY HANDS THERE!! i followed ur blog. hope i get a follow from you too! :)) TC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Yvette. :) Thank you for following me. I followed you back. :D

      Delete
  5. those nails look super cool!!! i want one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your nails!!!! Thanks so much for many beautiful nail designs!!! I'm really glad to have found your blog!!!! If you have a chance, please visit/follow my fashion blog. Your supports will mean a lot to me!!! Thank you so much in advance. I hope to hear from you soon and look forward to read more of your future blog posts!!! Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) That's really sweet of you. :D

      Delete
  7. cool!!

    PS: I want to invite you to giveaway on my blog of 100$ in ROMWE. I wait for you!

    kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. soo nice :D
    I hope you wouldn't mind follow my blog ;)
    http://fashionistasdreamer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog!! What do you think about following each other? I think we should.

    Much Love,
    amyklundt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just started following your blog & i love it.
    this year i am trying to make my dreams come true

    follow back please & thank you <3
    xo, kristin noel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)