Friday, July 13, 2012

Review: e.l.f. Cream Eyeliner

In one of  my previous posts, I mentioned there that I bought an e.l.f. cream eyeliner. The brand e.l.f. stands for eyes, lips and face. When I first found out what the brand means, I thought it was pretty creative and catchy. Recently, I just found out that this brand is animal friendly, meaning it does not test on animals which is great and amazing. Most cruelty-free cosmetics sell their products at a very high price but e.l.f. cosmetics sell theirs at a very low price. Some of their make up only costs $1. After finding out the good things about this product, I immediately got interested in it. Thus, resulting to my first purchase - the cream eyeliner in black. 

This is the first cream eyeliner I've ever bought. I wanted to try gel/cream liners and I saw this at the mall. It comes in this packaging and it's worth Php 249. The cream liner is inside a transparent pot container. I like the fact that you could actually see how much of the product is inside and it's really a lot. Your Php 249 is really worth the price. I believe this product will last me months. :)



It also comes with a small brush. Don't bother using the brush. I really find it difficult to use because it's small and the bristles are not that firm. This eyeliner is also smudge-proof and waterproof - two things that really urged me to buy this. No one wants panda eyes or raccoon eyes when wearing your make up. This product is really smudge-proof which is why I love it. I always have that problem of rubbing my eyes and forgetting that I have eyeliner on. I end up having black dots on my lids. This eyeliner definitely prevents that. 



This is the swatch that I made. I tried to smudge it and remove it with water. It still won't budge. However, I did notice that after doing the said things, the swatch became slightly less opaque but nothing a little touch-up won't fix. 

PRO's:

  • Smudge-proof
  • Waterproof
  • Inexpensive
  • Easy to spread because of the creamy texture
  • Doesn't dry easily (make sure you really close the container after using)
  • Readily available in the Philippines
CON's
  • Brush is difficult to use and doesn't spread the eyeliner well
WILL I BUY THIS AGAIN? 
  • I won't be buying this again (doesn't mean I don't like it) for the reason that I would like to try other brands and compare them. However, I would definitely recommend this cream eyeliner to  those who are wondering if they should try it or not. It's definitely worth your money. :)

10 comments:

  1. i wanna try this as soon as i finish my creme liner from wet n wild. great pics btw! what camera do you use? if you dont mind my asking hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay :) Let me know how it works out for you. :D I'm using my Canon 500D :)

      Delete
    2. arytie thanks :) did you use a macro lens for these photos? :) sorry if im askng so many questions haha just got a nikon d3100 and i realized the kit lens pretty much sucks at taking macro and super close up shots :(

      Delete
    3. I don't have a macro lens. :( They're expensive. :( I'm only using the kit lens. :) The technique is to use a tripod to keep the photos clear and then you just edit it. Crop the unwanted things in the photo. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice review!! I haven't tried cream eyeliner before because I think eyeliner is easier to handle.but I may try cream eyeliner later ,it looks quite good >u< thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review! I might get it since I always love waterproof product and this is really inexpensive! x

    http://kreamiblush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The product looks great ^ ^
    kisses

    http://opinandomoda.blogspot.com.br
    http://www.facebook.com/OpinandoModa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)