Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tutorial: Silver Rays

I'm actually having fun using my striping tapes. There are so many designs you can do with it. I wanted to share to you a nail design I made using striping tapes. I know this is not an original design and many people have already done this. But, I just wanted to show you how do to a "rays" design for your nails.

Here's the finished product. :) Pretty cool, right?



WHAT YOU'LL NEED
A silver polish (I'm using the one from LA Colors)
A blue or black polish (NYX Robotic nail polish)
Striping Tape or Scotch Tape
Scissors
Top coat (I'm using Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat)


HOW TO DO IT

The first thing you need to do is to apply your base coat. Paint your nails using the silver polish. 

Wait for it to dry. Place your striping tapes same as the picture above. Make sure that your polish is really dry. If not, the polish will adhere to the tape and it will become pretty messy. :)

Next, apply your blue/black polish on top of the striping tapes. 

Remove your striping tapes and you'll have a silver ray design. It's really very easy to do. :)

Here's a summary of the tutorial.


That's it for this tutorial. :) Let me know how this tutorial worked out for you. 

16 comments:

  1. great nails omoh~ i totally dig the colors, i envy you, im sooo damn lazy with nails :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I miss doing my nails. :( I'm very busy recently. :(

      Delete
  2. soo nice and easy~
    Great tutorial!
    http://guidance-and-the-invisible-crown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool and beautiful~~ Simple but cute...

    Really nice tutorial...

    Sakuranko Blog
    My Facebook Fan Page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'll post more tutorials. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow that looks fantastic and very easy to do. I will try that one.

    I followed you please do visit and follow my blog

    http://pinkmommy3030.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty! nail art is so fun! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I came across this nail art tutorial, I can't wait to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING nails girl! lovely blog!

    I followed your lovely blog! visit me and follow if you want!
    www.fantailflo.com (enter my giveaway too!! )

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow... i must try this! Thank you =)

    http://jcp-asianlife.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)