Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tutorial: Striping Tape Mani

Hey there! Here's another tutorial for you. I did this mani (using other colors) weeks ago and someone asked me to make a tutorial. I know this is a bit late. I'm really sorry it took so long. Anyway, the photo below is the finished product. :)


WHAT YOU'LL NEED:


Striping Tape
Any color will do. Striping tapes are so small and thin. You can do a lot of things with these. I got mine from BornPrettyStore.
If you would like to check the item out, click HERE. You may use this code "MLE10W21" to get a 10% discount :)

 3 colors of nail polish
You would also be needing 3 colors of nail polish. Again, any color will do. For this mani, I used 3 colors from Cutex: Indie Glow, Don't You Bare and Spooktacular.

Sticky Tape (Scotch Tape)
This is optional but I find it easier to do this mani with this. 

Base coat and Top Coat
The base coat is a MUST to prevent your nails from chipping. The top coat may or may not be used. Depends on your preference.

Scissors
You'll be needing this to cut the striping tapes. 


HOW TO DO IT:

 Place the sticky tape on your fingers as shown above.

 Take the nude or white polish and apply it on your nails. 

 Remove the tape and add a smaller and thinner sticky tape at the tip of your nails.
Apply the second polish. I used the Spooktacular polish for this.

Remove the sticky tape and apply the 3rd polish. It doesn't really matter if the lines are not perfect. The striping tape will be able to cover them.


Apply your top coat to protect the mani. Cut small strips of the striping tape and apply them on your nails. 

You may opt to apply top coat after applying the striping tape. The striping tapes easily fall off so applying top coat would prevent that. But if you have the time to always apply the striping tape once it falls off, then why not. :)


That's it for this post. I hope you had fun reading. Let's me know how this tutorial worked out for you.

6 comments:

  1. very nice :) You are patient and talented and I admire you work;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, amazing nails sweetie!! How fun to design it with the striping tapes :) Gotta definitely try this soon!! Oh, and my hair, I take a flat iron, set it to the highest temp., take little strips at a time and flatten the top all the way to the lower part and turn it around at the bottom to give curl without stopping :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'm not good in curling my hair using a flat iron. :( I sure hope I'd get the hang of it. :)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful post dear!
    Join Estée Lauder Giveaway :)
    http://she-is-the-1.blogspot.ch/2012/09/giveaway-iii.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for dropping some comments on my blog. It's quite sad to know that you just cant easily use some products on your delicate skin. Maybe you should try some organics or natural products like that of Human Nature.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)