Monday, September 10, 2012

Tutorial: Textured Nail Art

I broke my nail polish ban. :) I just can't stand not painting my nails. I find my nails boring when they're not painted. Anyway, I was able to buy some craft materials last week. One of them is a sugar-ish material. I don't really know what it's called. I was actually looking for some flocking powder but I couldn't find any; thus, I settled for this. I think I'll just call it 'colored sugar'. Haha.
The label says it's for homeware and garden. Not really sure how to use it though. Nevertheless, I did find it useful for nail arts. I think this will last me years. I got it for only Php 38.50 (that's less than a dollar!). Good find. :) 

Now, let's begin with the tutorial.


The first thing that you have to do for this nail art is to prep your nails. It's up to you how you do it. Don't forget to apply your base coat to protect your nails from staining. 


The next step is to apply your nail polish. I used two coats of L.A. Colors' Purple Ice. 


Literally place your finger into the container of the 'colored sugar'. For the index and ring finger, I only placed the tips just to give it a different design.


You may settle with this or you may also add a top coat just to seal it and to prevent the 'colored sugar' from falling. :)



This is the finished product with a top coat. I prefer to seal it with a top coat because it prevents chipping and it gives the design a glossy finish. :)


That's it for this tutorial. Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)