Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Monsters, Inc. Nail Art

I've been seeing a lot of nail art for Monsters, Inc. Most of them were of Sulley, the fluffy monster, none really of his trusted sidekick. In honor of his one-eyed assistant, I made this simple nail art tutorial.


This is the finished product. It's so cute, right? :)


THE TUTORIAL


Prep your nails! Always remember to use base coat. Then, paint your nails with a lime green nail polish. Don't wait for it to dry!


 Dip your nails in colored sand in lime green, almost the same shade as your nail polish. I bought the colored sand from a crafts store. The sand will give texture to the nail art.




On your ring finger, place a large dot using a dotting tool. It really doesn't have to be perfect.


 Using a smaller dotting tool, put a green dot on top of the white dot. Then, using an even smaller dotting tool, place a black dot inside the green one. To add more detail, add a small white dot inside the black one. With a black striper, outline the upper curve of the white dot the same as the picture. It will serve as the eyebrow. :)



And there you have it! A very simple but cute Monsters, Inc. nail art. The only downside with this nail art is that it doesn't really last that long -- maybe around 1-2 days only? Nevertheless, I still like this nail art. :D


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. :)

15 comments:

  1. Hahahah, they look so funny!

    Greetings from Shirayuki's Beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very talented, pretty nails! :3

    http://mykawaiisecret.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blog!

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC?

    Vivianista.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute nails!

    Sita xx
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have very amazing blog, dear! Love it! :)
    I hope you wanna follow each other on GFC & Bloglovin. Pls let me know? ;)

    Join my GIVEAWAY for winning $30 Chicnova voucher!
    HERE : sausanhanifah.blogspot.com/search/label/Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cuuttee!! >w<
    Good job - I really love monsters inc.! ^w^

    http://www.joyjoii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. aaaah monster inc!! that is so adorable! you are very creative !

    ReplyDelete
  8. reallu amazing nails! so cuteee

    please follow and visit my blog

    www.danicastark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How long did it take u to Finnish the blog pls tell me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)