Monday, October 14, 2013

Product Review: Braun Silk- Epil Xpressive Model 7681




Hi! As promised, I'm going to do a review on my new epilator. After weeks of waiting, I finally got it last week from Carefreeshopper. It was a preorder so I knew that it would take time before arriving. 

I ordered the Braun Silk-Epil Model 7681. Braun actually offers many kinds of epilators but I liked this one because of its 5 attachments. I think it's worth the money because aside from the epilator attachment, it also comes with a shaver head + trimmer cap. 

I was able to buy it for Php 4980 from Carefreeshopper. In Amazon, it was worth $92.04. However, when I checked it today, it's already worth $112.45! The price is a bit erratic. Just wait for it to go down before buying.


 It has a Smartlight which makes it easier to see those fine hairs. It automatically turns on when you turn the switch clockwise (press the white button and turn clockwise).






Different attachments included minus the epilator head itself.

Card from Carefreeshopper. :) Thank you for the smooth transaction! :) 




The manual says its Model 5377 but it actually is Model 7681. Maybe they have the same manual? Anyway, it doesn't really affect the quality of the product so I just ignored it. On the other end of the text, however, it does say the model of this epilator. I just think they may have the same manuals. :)

The set includes pre-epilation wipes. It's a pack of Olay cooling wet wipes and it claims to lessen the discomfort when epilating. This is used BEFORE epilating. I didn't use it yet. I was too excited to try the product out that I forgot about it. Haha.
 

All attachments were properly packed. By the way, the box is opened from the back. Just a reminder because you might end up destroying the box. Haha.



This is the epilator head. It can pull hair as short as 0.5mm! This head actually contains 40 tweezers. I know it looks scary but it does wonders! And I know just thinking about 40 tweezers pulling out your underarm hair or leg hair seem frightening but I tell you, this will save you time and money once you get used to the sensation. :)

The rollers at the top and at the bottom are the high frequency massage system. They are supposed to soothe the plucking sensation. I didn't quite feel it's effect. Haha. I don't know if those rollers were the ones making me feel ticklish. :)

It also has a pivoting head which makes it easier to epilate those places with irregular contours like the knee or ankle.



This epilator is cordless so it makes epilating easier. No annoying wire! It can also be used in the shower because it's a wet and dry type of epilator which means that you can use it with wet hair (like when you're in a shower) or you can use it without water. But I do advise you to take a warm shower first and exfoliate before epilating to remove dirt. Plus, you won't be able to take a bath for hours after epilating because your pores are still open. 



These are the different attachments included. I'll briefly describe each.

  1. Shaver head and Trimmer cap -  Well, the shaver head obviously shaves hair. When the trimmer cap is attached, it just allows, well, trimming - not too short. It's the same as when boys get their hair cut. Without the cap, the hair is totally shaved. No hair shaft is coming out of the skin.
  2. Pouch - This is where you'll put your epilator when traveling or when you just want to keep your things organized.
  3. Charger - This epilator is actually from the US, and what's good about the charger is that is has a wide range of voltage that it can accommodate. Appliances or gadgets from the US usually allow 110v but this charger allows 100-240v! This is really a plus especially if you're traveling. You don't have to worry about buying a transformer. Charging only takes 1 hour so that's also a big plus! :)
  4. Sensitive area cap - Use this cap when epilating your underarms or bikini areas. It allows for better precision and control.
  5. Efficiency cap - Use this when you're used to the sensation of epilating and you want to do remove hair faster.
  6. Facial cap - This cap is used when removing hair from the face. It also allows for better precision.
  7. Brush - If you look at the picture, it's found beneath the efficiency cap. Haha. My bad. I forgot to place it somewhere visible. Anyway, use this to remove the hairs stuck in your epilator. But of course, your epilator should be turned off. :)




The Smartlight automatically turns on when you turn on the device. It found this really helpful in removing those fine hairs. 


 This is how it would look like without the attachments. 


The green light in the positive sign will blink to show that it is still charging. It will shine permanently to show that it is already fully charged. It's always good to epilate with full battery because a full charge only provides 40 minutes of cordless operation time. Some people find this allowable cordless operation time annoying; however, I was actually able to epilate my underarms and my legs without using up the whole battery so it didn't bother me. 40 minutes is already a lot of time spend for just epilating.

The red low-charge light (minus sign) will flash when the epilator needs to be recharged. 


Now this is the part where I'll show my hairy legs. Haha. 



I shave my legs every 2-3 days but since I was already expecting my epilator to arrive, I grew the hair out. It wasn't really painful but there was discomfort. And there were some parts where I felt ticklish. Haha. 



After epilating, there were small red dots visible. Don't be alarmed. It's a normal effect of epilating. After a day or two, they disappeared. :)


Ta-dah! No more hair! :) I really enjoyed epilating my legs and my underarms (no photos. Haha!). It's been a week since I did my underarms and legs, and they are still hair free. For me, this is really a good investment especially if you're hairy like me. You don't have to go to the salons and spend too much money just to have your hair removed. You can do it at the comforts of your home! :)

I hope I was able to provide you with a good review of this product.

If you want to have your own Braun epilator and you're from the US, you can order from Amazon. Here's the link to the product: Braun Silk- Epil Xpressive 7681

If you're from the Philippines, you can order from Carefreeshopper. Here's a link to their Facebook page: Carefreeshopper PH on Facebook


Disclosure: This item was bought with my own money.

10 comments:

  1. Hello ! Your blog is wonderful ;) I would like to the observacion you blog ;)
    http://pocztowki-ag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog!!!
    http://vanilleklokje.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a nice review *_* your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your blog! I'm your newest follower, I hope you'll follow me too! Looking forward for more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breena, excellent review. Love the before and after pictures. I laughed at your comment about showing your legs. The smartlight definitely helps with spotting pesky fine hairs. In my opinion, I don't think the Olay wipes and massaging cap really help with the pain. Funny thing you should mention the box. I thought it would open from the front.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! As above I love the before and afters :) Such a useful review, and the Silk Epil 7 is just the best epilator you can get and great value for money. Keep up the great reviews :)

    Sophia x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)