Thursday, January 9, 2014

Taking a different path


I started this blog doing freehand nail arts. I enjoyed doing it but it just took too much of my time. Now that I am in med school, I don't have the luxury of time. Thus, I'm finally shifting to stamping. I used to think that stamping is for noobs. I was so wrong. It takes a lot of practice and creativity. 

My MoYou London nail plates arrived a week ago and I was so excited to play with them. I thought I would be finished in an hour but I kept redoing my mani because I'm just so bad at stamping. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed the whole process. I just need to practice, practice, practice!!!



I love my MoYou London nail plates! They have very beautiful designs and they are very easy to clean! I'm amazed that cotton fibers don't get stuck to the plates (unlike my OB plates).

I know this mani is not perfect. But I just got the hang of stamping. :D Enjoy!



I used Fairytale Plate Collection 02 for the stripes and Princess Plate Collection 10 for my ring finger (it's supposed to be Minnie Mouse but.... Haha)


I know. Haha. They are M-E-S-S-Y! Hahaha. I used Caronia Fast Dry Top coat for this and I hate that it smudged it. It made it messier. 

Comments and suggestions and very welcome! :) I would love to learn all the techniques in stamping. :)

Thank you for reading!



Like my Facebook Page

1 comment:

  1. I can only second what you said here! As much as I love free-hand designs they are just too time consuming =/ I used to have really crappy stamping plates so I thought they're nothing for me and they suck anyways blabla~ So wrong! They're amazing and like you said it takes some creativity to do them (like where to place what etc) Maybe you try water decals too (if you haven't already), they're sooo amazing <3 ^-^
    The purple and yellow goes soo good together! I'm excited to see more stamping designs of yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)