Saturday, February 8, 2014

Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket


I grew up with the idea that wishing on a shooting star would make my wish come true. It just came to a point when I realized that it isn't true. However, it's still fun to witness falling stars (or meteor showers or whatever you call them) and have that tiny hope that whatever you want will come true. But, it could have been an airplane passing by or even a firefly! That could explain why my wish didn't come true. Haha. 


Kidding aside, I came across a Nuffnang post with a question "If there is one thing you can give to the Philippines, what is that gift?"


Honestly, I think this is a very difficult question. Because with all the drama going on, I wish the Philippines would finally move forward. I believe this country has a lot to offer. There are a lot of awesome places to go to especially the beaches. But, it's sad that there are Filipinos who don't see how awesome this country is. I admit that sometimes I can't help but compare to other countries how they have this or that. The sad and painful reality is that we are in a third world country. But I don't think that should stop us from ever advancing to a modern world (yes, I think we are still stuck somewhere in the ghost of country's past).


Going back to the Nuffnang post, Globe Telecom is now the shooting star that will grant the wish of one lucky winner through their #GLOBEProjectWonderful2014. Technically, the lucky winner will be the Philippines. :)


I want the Philippines to have a cleaner environment. The sight of trash everywhere is painful to look at. So my wish is that #GLOBEProjectWonderful2014 will pioneer a recycling campaign same as how Japan recycles their trash. 


I did my research and found this photo (from Japan Containers and Packaging Recycling Association). They have laws and processes on how they keep their country clean. Maybe we can also do this. I believe Globe has the resources to do this.

Photo credit to JCPRA

That's my wish. And for my lovely readers, I have a question for you. 



What do you want for the Philippines? :)

Comment your answer below and get a chance to win an iPad Mini 2. :)


1 comment:

  1. What do you want for the Philippines? :)

    i want to give the philippines optimus prime.:) i want to give this because i dont want the philippines to be bullied by other countries anymore. other countries tend to bully us because they know that we have a very weak military force.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)