Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Product Review: BornPrettyStore Double Sided Stamper and Scraper



Hey! As I've mentioned in my previous post, Born Pretty Store was nice enough to contact me and send me a few items to review. For this post, I'm going to review their double sided stamper which comes with two plastic scrapers.

About the store

Born Pretty Store is an online store where you can buy your makeup and nail art needs. They have a wide array of products to choose from. They also sell clothing, watches, home and garden tools (wow!), and contact lenses. They also have studs, water decals, stamping plates, nail art brushes, nail polishes and almost everything you'll need to supply your nail art essentials. What I really love is that they offer free shipping worldwide with no minimum purchase required. 

One downside is the delivery time. The items arrived quite late, almost around 2 months. Thus, if you're planning to order from them, order your items earliest time possible and remember to have patience. :)

About the item


The items were nicely bubble wrapped when they arrived. I immediately opened them so I don't have a photo of that. The larger end of the stamper is made of silicone and the smaller end is made of rubber. Both the silicone and the rubber fit snugly in the barrel so I had no problem with them falling off. 

I've never been a fan of plastic scrapers and the scrapers that come with this are of no exception. I'm just really more comfortable with old credit cards because I feel like they can scrape off the polish better.



The silicone end still needed some prepping when it arrived and that's a common thing for most stampers. The shiny covering is there to protect the stamper and you really have to remove that so the image would adhere better. I just lightly buffed it with my nail buffer, and it was ready to be used. In addition, it is not marshmallow soft. More like firm squishy. 



The white silicone head is approximately 2.7 cm or 27 mm. The red rubber one is approximately 1.2 cm or 12 mm. As you can see in the photo above, the white head is no longer shiny. I took this photo after buffing it. 

Here are some sample images I stamped using this stamper. I used MoYou Sailor and FUN plates for these images.



For these 3 images, I used the white silicone head. As you can see, it picked up the image beautifully. :)


For the images below, I used the red rubber end. I'm not really a fan of the rubber end. It was difficult to pickup the images and the polish was always spreading in all the wrong directions. 


My Verdict:

For the price of $4.46, I'd definitely recommend this product. The white head was really easy to use and it picked up the image easily. I didn't really mind the useless plastic scrapers because I've never had a good experience with those. Just find an old credit card and that's already enough. As for the red rubber end, I am not a fan of it. The diameter was okay for picking up smaller images. I just wish they'd change it to a silicone head to make it more useful.

If you want your own stamper, you can go to their website and buy one. Here's the link to the item: Double Sided Stamping Nail Art Stamper & Scraper. BPS was also kind to give you, my readers a 10% off discount code. Just type in BRH10 when you checkout.


That's it for this post. I hope I was able to give you a good review of this product. :)

5 comments:

  1. Great review! I have this stamper and scraper set and quite like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I've been meaning to buy this stamper... I've seen tutorials to shrink/enlarge images using this squishy stamper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review dear <3 I need new stamper & scrapers too, esp for my moyou plates then :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting and so cute!

    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)