Saturday, March 29, 2014

Under The Sea


Hi! Finally, exams are done! I can finally paint my nails all day long! Haha. I'm just so excited to swatch the nail polishes that I bought and to stamp them with my MoYou London and FUN plates. I still have a lot of unused plates.

Since it's already summer break, I decided to make a summer related nail art. I also dedicate this nail art to my boyfriend who has a saltwater aquarium. For my base, I initially painted my nails with China Glaze Hopeful. I, then, sponged it with some gradient using China Glaze Aqua Baby, OMG Atlantis and Nature Republic Mint Sky. I love gradients but they are so messy to do. 

Do you have any tips on how I can lessen my cleaning time when doing gradients? Please comment them below. I would love to know how to avoid getting my fingers all messy with the sponge. 

Going back to the nail art. I stamped it with MoYou London Sailor 08. I also did a few decals (still with MoYou Sailor 08).





I really like how this turned out. There are some imperfections but I'm happy with it. :)






Here are some close up shots:



This fish doesn't have eyes. Haha. Should have put some white dots.


I experienced some bubbling when I added the top coat. I made a theory last night. Haha. I shouldn't apply top coat (or any polish) when the AC's fan is directed towards me. Stupid mistake. I should have turned it off when I applied the top coat. Haha. Oh well, the bubbles could just add accent to it since it's a sea-themed nail art. :)

I hope you enjoyed reading this post and looking at the photos as much as I enjoyed making them :) See you on my next post! :)

17 comments:

  1. OMOOOO!!! This is so cuuuute <3
    Where should I start... I love the gradient base! Such a pretty blue! Overall I love all the colors here, such an eye-candy! Hmm, I don't really have any tips on how to reduce the cleaning time. You can use tape but I find that as time consuming as cleaning the mess itself so I hardly do it. Moving on.. The bubbles, the corals and of course the fishes look fantastic! haha and the guy on your ring finger is so cute >///< Love it dear!
    Whohoooo!!!
    And finally you're done with your exams! Feels like forever O_o Now we can parteyyyyy (nail art party maybe? haha) Can't wait to see more of your awsome works :X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Thank you for this very heartwarming comment. <3
      I better find a way to lessen my cleaning time. Haha. :) I'll do that this summer. :D The one on the ring finger actually reminds me of the puffer fish in Finding Nemo that's why I included him. Haha.
      Yes! Let's have a nail art party! :D Ohhh. I wish we lived close to each other so we could paint each other's nails :) and you can bake me a cake! :D Haha.

      Delete
  2. These turned out amazing! There so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and very cute I love!!

    The puffer fish omg soooooooooooooooooo adorable!!

    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emi! Puffer fishes are so cute! :D

      Delete
  4. This is really cute! I love the gradient but gradients can definitely be messy :( I read about something called "liquid palisade" on the Nailasaurus but haven't tried it... basically you paint it around your cuticles, wait for it to dry, do your gradient and then peel the liquid palisade off your skin... the polish on top will come off too! It seems pretty expensive though I think you could probably do the same thing with pva glue/Elmer's glue and a small brush but I haven't tried it yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Thank you for this tip! I'm now searching about liquid palisade and it seems interesting. :) I'm just so lazy to do clean ups. :(

      Delete
  5. Congrats on being finished with finals! Brenda, would you like to try Liquid Palisade by Kiesque? Email me Beauty@Kiesque.com with your shipping info! :-) Love the fish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry...auto correct gone bad...meant to say Breena!!!

      Delete
    2. Hey Jacqueline! Wow, I would love to try it :) I'll send you an email. :)

      Delete
  6. The details are amazing! beautiful and cute mani !

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi there lovely lady,
    i nominated you for
    The Sunshine Awards,
    here is the link:
    http://brushesandpens.blogspot.com/2014/03/sunshine-blogger-award.html

    ---

    keyti

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a detailed design! Love this look :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)