Friday, April 18, 2014

Crooked Tribal

Hey! I have another gradient + stamping mani for you today. I am loving my liquid palisade. I can now do gradients easily. 

Okay, the title says it all. It is crooked. Haha. It was difficult for me to properly align the image. I need more practice. Nevertheless, I still love how this turned out. 




I used China Glaze Aqua Baby and For Audrey for the gradients. I, then, stamped it with MoYou London Pro 02 and finished it with Seche Vite top coat.



This gradient isn't the usual smooth gradients that can be seen from great nail artists. I decided to use an old foam pillow and cut it into pieces. I now have A LOT of sponges. Haha. 



It has a larger matrix so the it doesn't give a smooth effect. But I love that it gives a somewhat fire effect. Plus, I didn't want to throw away that pillow when I can still use it for my nails. Haha.

Here's a close up shot:


That's it for this crooked tribal nail art. See you on my next post! :)

13 comments:

  1. I think it looks more interesting this way. Definitely prefer it over the smooth gradient for this design ^.^ hehe can't wait to see more gradients now from you hun :x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I might buy some make up sponges to try the smooth gradient :)

      Delete
  2. I love this design!! the blue colour looks like the sky...so beautiful and elegant :3

    Well done and I am dying to see more amazing designs

    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emi! :D Hope to see you on my next post!:)

      Delete
  3. I really like the way this came out! I've never tried doing gradients with other sponges but I might try sometime it gives a different effect! With these kinds of images I usually scrape across the plate and stop maybe like 1 cm past the edge of the image, rather than scraping the excess polish off the edge of the plate. This way there's a straight line on the stamper, parallel to the design. I use this line to make sure my design is straight. I hope that makes sense! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the idea. But the problem is the image I'm using. It's the one with the smaller images of MoYou so it doesn't occupy the whole stamper T_T The image just end up on the middle. I usually don't have problems when I stamp random images but lines are just too difficult. :(

      Delete
  4. you are just so talented!! lovely nail art ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an awesome nailart. Love the result!


    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well if it's in the title, that means it was intentional! It still looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)