Friday, April 25, 2014

Just got a Silhouette Portrait!

I've wanted to own a crafting and cutting machine since last year. When I finally had enough money to buy one, I was so confused as to which machine to get. I originally wanted to buy Sizzix but the dies are very expensive here in the Philippines. After months of research, I decided to buy the Silhouette Portrait. I like the fact that it can cut any design that I make. Their online store also offers inexpensive stencils that you can just easily cut. Let's just say that the possibilities are endless! I can't wait to play with this one.




It was cheaper to order it abroad than locally. However, Amazon doesn't ship to the Philippines, and given that it's a big package, I didn't want to risk paying a lot in the customs. Thus, I had someone order it for me. 



This is the first time I ordered from USA 2 MNL. I asked the owner, Ms. Geri, a lot of questions prior to buying, and even after I placed my order. She was very patient to answer every question. She actually gave me a reasonable price for this item, considering it's weight and the shipping costs. Cheaper than other online stores. :) 

 It took 8 weeks for the item to get here because it's via sea freight. I know 8 weeks is a long time but I just had to be patient. 


Here, you have the blade. I imagined it to be a lot bigger. Haha.




And this is the awesome machine! I am very excited to do a lot of crafts with this.



If you're from the Philippines and you would like to order any item in the US and...

  • you don't have a US address;
  • you don't have a US credit card;
  • you don't want to think about customs fees;
  • just because you want to;
...you can visit USA 2 MNL(Facebook) and inquire. :)



I know this is a very short post for an awesome product but I am not an expert on this machine. I'll leave it to the experts to give you an explanation on how to use it. I am still a newbie and I haven't even made a project with it. Haha.

That's it for this post! Thanks for reading! :)

14 comments:

  1. Lovely ^^

    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks interesting! I've never heard of this machine before. I'm not really into crafts I tend to start projects and never finish them lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm go to paint my room using the stencils that I make out of this. :D

      Delete
  3. hi breena!!
    i am so glad you are happy with your new toy!! i kinda lugged it around (from QC to greenhills to davao) until it finally got to you, hahaha!! :) i am sure it was worth the wait.. enjoy!! :)
    geri katigbak tirona-zamora
    https://www.facebook.com/USA2MNL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Sorry for the hassle it has cause you. I was actually surprised that it was so big. :)) I expected it to be it's box to be just the size of a shoe box. Haha. Definitely worth the wait. Thank you again for ordering it for me :)

      Delete
  4. OMG how much is the cost?
    I want to get it soon, maybe :D
    Hasuhana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! :) You can go to Amazon for prices. I don't think you can use USA 2 MNL since you're from Indonesia. :)

      Delete
    2. Helo brena im so interesting that device..im jay-ar from davao..can i ask magkano lahat bili mo pati na travel expenses?para mkaprepare ako ng money,,..

      Delete
    3. Then u help me naman paanu mg pm sa us2mnL po..salamat ng marami sau!hihi

      Delete
  5. @ Jay-ar Hi. You can just send them a private message on Facebook. :) Link is in my post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)