Thursday, April 17, 2014

Product Review: Liquid Palisade


I love doing gradients because of the effect it gives. However, it's a very messy nail art to do. After sponging some polishes on to my nails, I have to clean the skin around my nails. I use acetone when cleaning, and it can be very drying on the skin. Furthermore, it takes up a lot of my time. 

I was so happy when Jacqueline, the owner and creator of Liquid Palisade, contacted me. 




Liquid palisade is a liquid that you paint around your nails. It dries quickly to a rubbery texture that you can easily peel off, taking all the mess with it. I have photos below to show you what I mean.



I was so excited when it finally arrived. It comes in a clear plastic tube which makes it easier to see how much product is left. There is 10 g (0.35 oz) of product inside the tube. 




Of course, the tube didn't come by itself. Haha. It also came with this box and an instruction manual. Inside the box, there is also a packet for the list of ingredients.

The brush is also very small and flexible. It made it easier to apply the product. :) 



Now, let's move on to how it is used. First, I applied my base color and let it dry. Since I'm going to do sponging, it is important to let the base dry completely.



 When it's completely dry, I applied the liquid palisade around my nails, or as close to the cuticles as possible.


After applying it, I let it dry. It changes its color from purple to violet when it's completely dry.  Remember to sponge or stamp when it is already color violet!



I sponged some gradients on my base color. As you can see, the excess polish is on the liquid palisade. It acts as a barrier between me and my polish.


Using my tweezers, I peeled off the liquid palisade. It was so easy to peel it off. I was so happy that it carried with it the excess polish. Less time for cleaning! 


As you can see in this photo, the liquid palisade of the other finger got stuck on to the other. It easily sticks on to other 'palisades' so remember to separate your fingers. :) It is not much of a problem if it sticks. As long as you remove it carefully, you won't damage your nail art. Just remember to use tweezers! You can also see how it takes with it the excess polish from the sponging. :)


 Here is the liquid palisade + polish. 


And here are my polish-free skin. I love how this product works! I can finally do more gradients without hating cleaning the excess polish. 


This product can be bought from their website, www.kiesque.com, for $22 each.


My thoughts?  
  • It does what it claims. 
  • I can finally do more gradients!
  • It's a bit expensive at $22, but it's definitely worth the price. I'd love to have a bucketful of this product! Haha.
  • Dries really fast and easy to apply
  • This is the answer to lesser clean-up time when doing gradients and even stamping.
  • I love this product. 

That's it for this post. I hope I was able to give you enough information regarding this product. :)

16 comments:

  1. Great tutorial, thanks! There is enough LP in each bottle to do 30+ manicures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, too, Jacqueline! :) This is an awesome product! :)

      Delete
  2. That works so good! I might have to look into getting one since I hate the clean up doing gradients have on my nails too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! :) I now love gradients because of this product. :D I did another gradient after doing this. Haha.

      Delete
  3. Ooooh glad to see that you tried it out! :) it looks like it works really well! I didn't realize it changed color when it dried... I only heard about it briefly I've never seen any other reviews on it. Your review is so in depth! great review! Your gradient is pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. :) I'm happy that you found my review useful. This is a really good product. :) Thank you, too, for mentioning in to me. :D

      Delete
  4. this is sooo useful :) Thanks for sharing. the gradient turned out really bright and fun i love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, how great is that *_____*
    Haha we just recently talked about a faster way to clean the gradient mess, do you remember xD
    I'd love to try this product too T^T It's expensive though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes I remember :) The company was very kind to contact me and send me this product. :) I know it's a bit expensive but I really think it's worth it. :D

      Delete
  6. I've been using Elmer's Glue for the same purpose... as to not getting polish on the skin around the nail. When it dries, it is clear... Also, you can use Elmer's Glue under a glitter polish & it will allow you to remove glitter polish really easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear. I've tried elmer's glue but it dries too slow :(

      Delete
  7. Hi! I wanted to know if you can buy liquid palisade in the Philippines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. You may order directly from their website. :) They already ship worldwide. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)