Thursday, May 22, 2014

Flowers

There are only 9 days left until MoYou London's May challenge ends. I've only done a few themes so I'll try to make a nail art for the remaining themes. Today's theme is flowers. I've wanted to try the leadlighting technique since its introduction. Sadly, my OPI sheer tints are not with me. I left them in Manila, and I'd go back there around June. I'm just dying to try it out so I used my OMG neon polishes, and I am happy to say that they worked beautifully! Plus, they are very cheap (Php 20).




For my base, I used 2 coats of L'oreal Macaron Noisette. It's a shimmery nude shade. The tulips are from MoYou London Pro 08. I painted the spaces with my OMG neon polishes.


Since my Seche Vite has gone bad, I decided to use my OMG matte top coat. It wasn't as mattifying as I hoped it would. It's just in the 'okay' range. 



Here is a close up shot of the tulips. I am really hoping OMG will release more colors for this collection.


Overall, I'm very proud with my first try in leadlighting. How about you? Have you tried this new technique? :)

That's it for this post! Thanks for reading. Let me know what you think in the comments below :)

9 comments:

  1. It looks great! I need to try something like this now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and vibrant ^^


    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh very beautiful design~ So inspiring!
    You´re so talent!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are pefectly perfect dear <3
    You really got spring on your fingers hihi

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is really cute! I like how the leadlighting is lighter in some parts of the flowers... it really looks like a watercolor painting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)