Sunday, May 4, 2014

Tutorial: Violet Beauregarde Inspired Nail Art

Hi! I have a nail art tutorial for you today. One of my readers e-mailed me an asked me to make a step by step tutorial of Violet Beauregarde's dress from the original Willy Wonka. I hope she'll like this tutorial. :)

This is the finished nail art. The next photos will show you how to recreate this design. :)



Let's first start with how her dress looks like. This is a photo I got from nydailynews.com. Violet wears a blue dress with peter pan collar and gold buttons, and a red belt with gold buckle.



The first thing that you have to do is prep your nails, and paint them with a royal blue polish. 



Second, create a "W" on top using a dark blue or black acrylic paint. This will serve as her dress' collar. 



Fill in the spaces with the same color of acrylic paint. 



Paint two stripes at the bottom.


 Fill in the spaces. You now have the belt. :)



Using gold acrylic paint or gold polish, place 3 dots between the collar and the belt. You can use a dotting tool, toothpick or hairpin when placing the dots.


 Using the same gold acrylic paint or gold polish and your brush, draw a small square in the middle of the red belt. This will be the buckle.



Complete the square but do not fill in the spaces. 



Apply your favorite top coat and you are done! 



To sum it up, here is a collage of the steps...



That's it for this post. Thanks for reading. I hope you liked it! :)

4 comments:

  1. What a cute tutorial on her dress! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute! Great tutorial! It doesn't look so hard anymore once it's broken down into steps! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)