Saturday, May 24, 2014

Typography

I really had a difficult time thinking what I should do with today's MoYou Challenge theme - typography. I found it difficult because I don't have any plates that have words in them. All of them have patterns and cartoonish images. While I was browsing my image plates, I saw that MoYou London Pro 04 had some indecipherable words. Hence, I thought it would pass the 'Typography' theme. 




My base was done using the plastic wrap technique and very handy liquid palisade. First, I applied liquid palisade around my nails. I, then, applied blobs of different colored polishes, placed a cut plastic and tah-dah! I love the effect it gives. :) This challenge really made me try out a lot of techniques. :)




I didn't top this with top coat because I liked the matte or satin finish. Honestly, I do not know the difference between those two terms when it comes to nail polishes. Haha. 



Here is a close-up shot. 



What do you think? :) Let me know in the comments below.

That's it for this post. Thanks for reading! :)

4 comments:

  1. It looks great! The colors are vibrant and the stamping looks so good over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love it and it was a great choice not to use top coat here.
    Hmm.. I'm not too sure about matte/satin finishes either. Maybe they just use different terms to make it sound more special? But then again, I really don't know (please tell me if you find out ^^')

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really beautiful! I love the background you created with the saran wrap technique... great colors :) I think the difference between matte vs. satin is matte is completely flat matte like no shine at all whereas satin has a bit of sheen to it... i'm not sure though so i could be wrong

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)