Saturday, June 21, 2014

2NE1 "Happy" Inspired Nail Art + tutorial


I love Korean pop. Although I no longer post about it as much as I did before, I still love it. 2NE1 is one of my favorite groups. Last March, they released a music video for their song 'Happy'. Despite the very happy tune and their happy faces, the meaning of the song is actually very sad. The MV had a lot of cute icons so I decided to make a nail art inspired by it. 



Before I proceed with the tutorial, watch the MV below and you'll know why I chose this design.


'Happy' by 2NE1 (via Youtube)

For this nail art, I used nail water decals from Born Pretty Store. You may use my code 'BRH10' upon checkout to get a 10% discount. One sheet has a lot of designs with different colors. The three boxes actually have the same designs. The color just changes.


Aside from the water decals, you'll be needing a small container filled with water, a pair of scissors, and tweezers (not in the photo).


 Remove the transparent film. I suggest you don't throw it away because you can just put it back when you're done using the decals.


Cut out the designs that you would like to use. 



Soak the design in water for about 10-20 seconds.  



The design will just slide off of the paper once you pick it up with tweezers. 

Just a trivia: The paper used for water decals is called water-slide. Thus, it just 'slides' off with water. :) 

Place it on your painted nails. Make sure the polish is already dry!



Seal it with your favorite top coat. :) Easy, right? 



The text '2NE1' was done using freehand and white acrylic paint. Here is a close-up shot.



You can now create your 2NE1 inspired nail art easily. :) 



That's it for this post! Thank you for reading! :)

4 comments:

  1. Those nail decals are so cute! Love the 2NE1 inspired nails you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of 2NE1 before but I love the way this mani looks! it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love 2NE1 too <3
    Great nail design, waaah~ I need to catch up on Kpop a bit haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)