Sunday, November 9, 2014

Alice in Wonderland - Queen of Hearts



Hi. I'm really sorry for the long hiatus. I didn't have the inspiration to do my nails for the previous weeks. Hopefully, I am back to blogging for good unless my subjects go crazy again. Haha.

MoYou London had a free shipping offer which ended on Friday. I decided not to purchase any plates but during the last minute, I went on a shopping spree. Can't wait for my new plates to arrive!

If you are following them on Instagram (@moyou_london) then you already know about their nail art contest for this month. One has to post 1 nail art per week depending on the Alice in Wonderland character of that week. This week's theme is Queen of Hearts. I had to go through my plates many times just to find the right image that would represent the Red Queen. Here's my take on it.
For index, middle and ring finger, I used L'oreal Macaron Noisette as my base. I stamped it with MoYou London Suki 07. I then applied my straight nail stencils and painted the sides with China Glaze Poinsettia. Using a thin brush, I applied Maybelline Gold's Night Out on the sides.


For my thumb and pinky finger, I used Barry M Matt White as my base then stamped it with MoYou London Princess 09. With my red OPI Sheer Tints, I colored the roses with leadlight technique. The sheer tint looks red in the bottle but in real life, it's actually more pink and violet than red. :( Maybe I should just make my own jellies for leadlight.

This nail art is inspired by this dress that I found on Google.



Here are some close-up shots.





That's it for this post! Thank you for reading! :)

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful and so elegant I love the red colour so much *0*

    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! I was planning to do one for the theme this week too but I don't have any plates from them that fit it. I was also going to order a few more plates before the free shipping ended but in the end, I didn't. There's so much to choose from and the ones I have, I haven't even used some of them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty and not too typical for Queen of Hearts, which I really like! Dang, I totally missed the free shipping offer T__T Still haven't ordered any plates from MoYou. I know I've been wanting to order some for the longest time but somehow....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this unique nail art. The colors are so vibrant and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it especially the middle red design :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)