Saturday, November 29, 2014

Glittered Watermarble

I finally know how to do watermarbling! I'm really happy because I've been practicing for months and it would always end up ugly. I've been watching so many videos online on how to do it. Here are the things I've learned:
  • Use room temperature water. Other people told me that mineral water is better but tap water worked for me so I'll stick with that for a while.
  • Don't turn on the fan or the A/C while doing watermarbling. It will dry the polish fast!
  • Not all polishes can be used for this technique. Don't feel bad if the polish did not spread. It might not be the right polish for this.
  • Drop the blob of polish about an inch away from the water or less. But not to a point where it's already touching the water. When I tried to drop it from about 3 inches above the water, the drop of polish would sink. Haha.
  • Use a needle and wipe it every time you stroke it into the water.
  • And last, PRACTICE! 
I know I'm not yet an expert but the things mentioned above worked for me. In addition, the Liquid Palisade definitely made clean-up a breeze. I have a video tutorial later in this post so you'll understand what I'm saying. 

Polishes used:
  Bench Paint Box Italian Plum 
Bench Paint Box Butter Rhum
Maybelline Color Show Silver Gleam
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Image plate used:
Born Pretty Store QA88 (discount code: BRH10)



I also used piCture pOlish Galaxy for a glitter finish over the watermarble. It's really interesting how that polish can be used as a glitter topper over light colored polishes. But over black, it's just magical. :)




Here are some close-up shots.  







Here's the tutorial. I don't know why the quality went down after I uploaded it. It looks really clear on my phone. :(



That's it for this post! Thank you for reading! :)

1 comment:

  1. They look great! I'm still not very good at doing a watermarble manicure at all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)