Saturday, August 29, 2015

Review: Sizzix Big Shot


Hi! I have with me today a Sizzix Big Shot. It is a machine used for die-cutting and embossing. The crafter in me always wanted one so last March, I decided to buy one. I have searched for it in local online stores but it was either sold out or expensive. 

Amazon offered it at a cheaper price but it was impossible to buy one without a US address and credit card.  Despite that, I did not worry. I just sent a private message to GMET Trading and asked for a quote. Ms. Antoniette gave me a very reasonable price. I had to choose between air freight and sea freight. Since it was cheaper if via sea freight, I chose that and placed my order. 

Before I proceed with my review, I just want to briefly talk about GMET Trading. It is an online store that provides an opportunity for us to get the items that are only found or cheaper in the US. You don't have to worry about taxes or customs because they do that for you. Haha. Basically, the process goes like this: 
  • Send them a link of the item and ask for a quote. Wait for their reply.
  • Pay the amount (or downpayment).
  • Item arrives within 2 weeks. Pay the remaining balance.
  • They will ship the item to you. 
It's very easy! I have ordered many times from them and I have received my orders within two weeks or less. However, if your order is a bit big and bulky, you may opt for sea freight but it takes 8 weeks for the package to arrive. 

Now, on to the review!


I received my Sizzix Big Shot after a month. Sea freight takes longer time for the package to arrive but it did arrive two weeks earlier than the estimated 8 weeks. I honestly forgot to take photos as I was unboxing it because I was too excited. 


As you can see in the photo above, I have encircled the handle. I just want to emphasize that the handle needs to be installed in order for you to use the machine. It has an instruction manual on how to do it. Don't worry. It is very easy to do. 


The box comes with a pair of standard cutting pads and an extended multipurpose platform. The extended multipurpose platform is very useful. It has instructions regarding what type of sandwiches you have to make when die-cutting or embossing. However, remember not to cut directly on your platform. You don't want to make a mess of it.


The next photos are just a few of the things I have done using my Sizzix.  






7 comments:

  1. What a neat machine for crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Yor hair is amazing!! Have a wonderful week sweetie!

    http://www.2015louisvuittonlvbag.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I've never heard of this but it's great and now I want to have it too xD
    I also love your creations, especially the Big Bang card ^.~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your blog!
    Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know at my page:)

    xoxo

    http://nastyadeutsch.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Breena! Can you give a ball park figure of how much you paid for the Big Shot via Gmet Trading? I want to know how much I will save if I buy it through them. Online craft stores usually sell them for about P6k.

    Thanks for your comprehensive review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Cheap!2016 fashion style toms shoes,only $16 to get it immediately!no long time for cheapest.
    Toms Classics Women Shoes Black
    Women Toms Classics Mens Shoes Dark Grey
    http://www.tomshoesus.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. It really brightens my day when I read them. Please don't put links in your comments unless it's related to the post. If you want me to visit your blog, you can send me an e-mail or you can tweet me. :)